Find out what others are saying about 'Passion' here
Whether you're just getting to know Jesus or have known already him for years, you will be challenged, encouraged, and emboldened by Passion. This excellent study from Mike McKinley will help you personally understand why Christ's final day is the hinge of history.
- Collin Hansen, Editorial Director of The Gospel Coalition and author of Young, Restless, Reformed: A Journalist's Journey with the New Calvinists
Mike McKinley has wiped the dust off the familiar events of Christ's final day, showing just what a difference the cross makes to everyday life. Warning: his insights are like nails!
- Michael Reeves, Head of Theology, UCCF; author, The Good God
Here is a faithful, fresh perspective on the gospel story. It makes insightful connections between the climactic moments of Jesus' life and the everyday events of our own, and encourages us to look in the mirror at our lives in the light of his.
- Paul Perkin, Senior Pastor of St Mark’s Battersea Rise, London
This gripping explanation of the crucifixion gets right to the heart of the death of Jesus. It is clear, practical, challenging, and heartwarming.
- William Taylor, Rector of St Helen’s Bishopsgate, London
This is a readable and attractive way into Luke's account of the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ. It is suitable for both the believer and the unbeliever, and will enrich and challenge anyone who reads it. Mike McKinley helps us understand what happened, what it meant, and what it means for us today. A moving and challenging book.
- Peter Adam, former Principal of Ridley College, Melbourne; Vicar Emeritus of St Jude’s Carlton, Melbourne; author of Written for Us.
These are the central events about history’s central person. Mike McKinley helps us to consider what are often familiar passages with fresh eyes. The result is a compelling portrait of Jesus. I frequently found myself needing to put the book to one side so that I could worship and thank God for a wonderful Saviour.
- Sam Allberry, Associate Minister of St Mary’s, Maidenhead, UK and author of Connected and Lifted
I hope that many will read and absorb this book. It offers a sweet series of meditations on Jesus Christ’s life-changing and universe-altering final day. It is an excellent read for both seeker and Christian.
- Jonathan Leeman, Editorial Director of 9Marks Ministries; author of Reverberation and The Surprising Offense of God’s Love
Mike McKinley writes with a warm, easy style, explaining Luke’s account of the Passion clearly and showing us how, so often, our hearts are the same as those who Jesus met and spoke to on that day. The questions at the end of each chapter helped me to think through where what I’d read really needed to impact my day-to-day thinking and living.
As I read I found a greater awareness of the depth of my sin and was moved to marvel afresh at the beauty of the Saviour and the magnitude of His love.
- Andrea Trevenna, Women’s Worker at St Nicholas Sevenoaks, Kent; author of The Heart of Singleness.
Many Christian books leave Christ out of the picture. Many evangelical books leave the “evangel”—the good news, the gospel of Christ crucified for sinners--out of the picture. This book, though, takes us deep into Christ and deep into His atoning work. Mike KcKinley’s exploration of Scripture is electric with surprising connections between the Old Testament and the New and exhilarating applications of the Cross to the Christian life.
- Gene Edward Veith, Professor of Literature and Provost, Patrick Henry College
The cross stands tall at the center of the gospel. Understanding this deeply, Mike writes with an earthy, pastoral voice as he relates the drama of Jesus’ crucifixion. Thoroughly rooted in the beauty of the gospel, Passion draws us back again and again to reflect on these timeworn truths.
- Daniel Montgomery, Lead Pastor of Sojourn Community Church, Louisville, Kentucky, US; author of Faithmapping
There is no theme that is more likely to transform us than the one treated in this book. Mike McKinley’s reflections from Luke’s Gospel left me in awe of the glory of Christ: broken by His sacrifice, warmed by His love, and inspired by His example. Passion is packed with biblical insights, devotional thoughts, and useful application. Prepare to be changed by the power of the cross.
- Jared Mellinger, Senior Pastor of Covenant Fellowship Church, Glen Mills, Pennsylvania
Beautifully simple, stunningly insightful, unswervingly biblical and compellingly practical. I was only about three pages in when I found myself spontaneously worshipping Jesus for the passion of the cross. A few pages later and I was counting the cost of authentic discipleship. Chapter by chapter, I was confronted by fresh glimpses of the gospel of grace and challenged to live a cross-shaped life in response. Wherever you’re at with Jesus, this superb book will do your soul good. Much enjoyed and passionately recommended!
- Dai Hankey, Acts 29 church planter in south Wales and author of The Hard Corps
The heart of faith, and of reality, is not a complex philosophy, intricate ceremony or ethereal experience. It is a simple wooden cross. The death of Jesus Christ, our God who became a man, is simple but deep, rich and beautiful. In this book Mike McKinley has captured, simply and beautifully, the depths and riches of the last hours and death of Jesus. Here we are presented with nothing but Jesus Christ, and him crucified, which is why this book was such a joy to read.
- John Hindley, Pastor of BroadGrace Church, Norfolk; author of Serving Without Sinking