1 Corinthians 10-16: Loving church
What can turn a struggling church around? What can help a church which has sold out to the culture; which is riven by division; which is dominated by me-first materialism; and which is uncertain about the gospel itself?
“Be on your guard”, wrote one church planter to just such a church. “Stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong.
“Do everything in love.”
So wrote the apostle Paul to the Corinthian church (1 Corinthians 16
v 13-14). This was a congregation which seemed to have lost its way. But Paul did not give up on them. He encouraged them to love their church.
And, in the second half of his first letter to them, he showed them how to do this—how to love each other as Christ had loved them.
This was the love that could turn the Corinthian church around. And this is the love that all our local churches need. These eight studies in 1 Corinthians 10 – 16 will enable, motivate and challenge you to “do everything in love”, individually and collectively.
Mark Dever has done it again. This Bible study guide is an invaluable guide to 1 Corinthians 10-16 and will be of great benefit to any group--large or small--that is looking for a serious Bible study with great spiritual benefit. This study will help you to be a more faithful Christian, and your church to be a more faithful congregation.
- R. Albert Mohler Jr., President of The Southern Baptist
A key part of our mission as a church is to make disciples of Jesus Christ who are built on the word of God. We're excited to use this Good Book Guide study to help us achieve that goal. It's clear, easy to use and teaches people how to dig deeper into scripture for themselves.
- Joshua Harris, lead pastor Covenant Life Church, author of Dug Down Deep
Table of contents
- Why study 1 Corinthians 10-16?
- 1. Keep on running - 1 Cor 9 v 24 - 10 v 13
- 2. Love, liberty and legalism - 1 Cor 10 v 14 - 11 v 1
- 3. Loving authority - 1 Cor 11 v 2-16
- 4. Thoughtful unity - 1 Cor 11 v 17-34
- 5. Your gifts, their good - 1 Cor 12 v 1-31a
- 6. The most excellent way - 1 Cor 12 v 31b - 14 v 40
- 7. Resurrection: hold on - 1 Cor 15
- 8. Good examples - 1 Cor 16
- Leader's Guide
|Author||M Dever & C Laferton|
|Dimensions||140mm x 210mm|
|No. of studies||8|
|Publisher||The Good Book Company/GBG|