Due to your support and expanding ministry, we are moving into a larger warehouse space. Please bear with us as as our move is under way. All orders placed on December 8th and 9th will be delayed because we are moving stock to a new warehouse.
All orders will still arrive before Christmas and resume as normal on December 12th.
An evangelistic course that opens up the big themes of the Bible
We all dream of a better world—a world of security, plenty and friendship. Christians believe that God promises just such a new world. And the Bible is the story of what God had done and what he will do to keep that promise.
The World We All Want is for people who are interested in discovering the message of the Bible. It is an introduction to the whole Bible story—the story Christians believe to be the story of our world and its future. And as you start to see how wonderful God’s story is, you’ll also start to see how his story can become yours as well.
You can work through this course on your own, with a friend or as a group. Each participant will ideally have their own handbook which includes diagrams, Bible passages and places to write their own thoughts and ideas.
A leader's guide is also available in ebook format.
What makes The World We All Want unique:
- The Bible story: The World We All Want presents the gospel through the Bible story. It presents the biblical worldview that people need if they are to understand the work of Christ. Moreover, retelling the Bible story offers an engaging way of presenting the gospel to people today.
- A community: Often presentations of the gospel are individualistic, focusing on an individual's relationship with God. It then becomes difficult to teach people about the church except in functional terms or terms than contradict the message of grace. The focus of the Bible, however, is on God's plan to create a people who are his people. The World We All Want focuses on the communal nature of gospel in a way that naturally integrates the church into the message of the gospel.
- A point of connection: The course begins by engaging with people's desire for a better world, showing how God promises such a world in the Bible and how Jesus gave us a glimpse of that world. This provides a natural point of contact with people; a common aspiration. It establishes at the beginning of the course a reason why the Bible story is so important. As the course develops, however, it makes it clear that this world cannot be human-centered, it must be God-centered.
The World We All Want has been designed so that it be used one-to-one, in small groups or 'Alpha-style'. It is ideal to use before or after other courses like Christianity Explored and Alpha. The course is already being used with people of different nationalities, different social classes and different ages from Aberdeen in Scotland to Tasmania in Australia.
|Author||Tim Chester, Steve Timmis|
|Dimensions||152mm x 229mm|
|No. of studies||7|
|Publisher||The Good Book Company|
Some copies of TWWAW were printed with some errors in the summaries below the pictures at the start of each chapter. This is being corrected on a revised version, but please be aware that some copies in circulation may be wrong. The correct summaries should be:
• Session 1: God promises the world we all want. We know this promise is real because there was a point in history when we glimpsed the world we all want.
• Session 2: Jesus had the power to make God’s new world. But Jesus said it was necessary for him to die so we could enjoy it.
• Session 3: We have spoiled the good world that God made, but God promises someone who will put it right.
• Session 4: God promises a people who know God and a land of plenty and security.
A biblically-faithful, gospel-rich, culturally-sensitive presentation of the good news. This approach by Chester and Timmis captures both the beauty of the story and the urgency of the invitation.
One of the most frustrating things as we try to evangelize and disciple our friends is material to assist the journey. Steve and Tim have assisted us greatly with a resource that is biblical, practical and gospel-centered.
We have used this course on a group of retired people and it seemed to hit the level at where the people are. The course has been the means for a great deal of discussion over coffee.
This is an engaging study that causes the reader to think about the big picture presented in the Bible. I've used it in a 121 context with a believer and it promoted discussion on all sorts of topics, as well as upon foundational matters facilitated by the study questions.
We have been running this course at our church for a number of years and the book makes it really easy. It is also a brilliant overview of the Bible for seekers, starting with common agreement about what a perfect world would be like, then showing that this is exactly what the Bible promises, how Jesus has the power to bring it about, and how the rest of the Bible fits in. We love it.
This book makes evangelism easy so any believer can truly follow Jesus' commandment to share the good news with all the nations.