Helps Christians engage lovingly, thoughtfully and faithfully with one of the greatest cultural discussions of our day. Read more >>
This warm, faithful and careful book helps Christians understand what the Bible says about gender identity. It will help us to engage lovingly, thoughtfully and faithfully with one of the most explosive cultural discussions of our day.
If you want to learn more and love better, and are open to considering what God has to say about sex and gender, this hope-filled book is for you.
Includes a section looking at practical questions including:
- Can someone be transgender and Christian?
- Should I mind if people who are biologically the other sex are in my restroom?
- What should church leaders do if a congregation member asks for their child to be identified as the opposite gender?
- Is it true that Christian teaching is harmful and can lead to depression and higher suicide rates?
- What about people who are born intersex?
Andrew T Walker is the Director of Policy Studies for the Ethics and Religious Liberties Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention.
Foreword by R. Albert Mohler Jr
1. He Had Compassion
2. How We Got to Where We Are
3. The Language
4. On Making a Decision
6. Beauty and Brokenness
7. A Better Future
8. Love Your Neighbor
9. No Easy Paths
10. Challenging the Church
11. Speaking to Children
12. Tough Questions
13. Open Hands
|Andrew T. Walker
|5.3" x 8.5"