Knowing God truly, experiencing Him deeply.
What would it look like to genuinely love God with our head AND our heart? To have a faith marked by right thinking AND right feeling? To know God deeply AND worship him passionately? Too often, Christians act as though these things are at odds with one another. But what if God intends for us to possess a Christianity that is radically committed to biblical truth, in a way that did not diminish the life of the heart, but actually intensified it?
Adam Ramsey invites us to engage both our minds and our emotions in our walk with God as we gaze at him until our hearts sing. He sums it up like this:
“My hope in these following pages is to paint a biblical portrait of what God is actually like, so that we can gaze upon him together until our hearts can’t help but sing. To behold him in such a way that our daily experience is transformed with a deepened awareness of who it is we pray to, who it is that is with us, and who it is that we are loved by. To let God’s truth set our hearts on fire.”
If you yearn for God but desire a clearer biblical picture of this God whom you love, or if you have been walking with God for a while now, but your experience of him has become settled or dry, then this book is for you.
Adam leads Liberti Church on the Gold Coast of Australia and serves as the network director for Acts 29 Australia, New Zealand, & Japan. He also contributes articles to The Gospel Coalition.
Foreword by Ray Ortlund
1. God Is Other: The Experience of Wonder
2. God Is Sovereign: The Experience of Assurance
3. God Is Unrivaled: The Experience of Embracing Weakness
4. God Is Never Far Away: The Experience of Courage
5. God Is All-Holy and All-Knowing: The Experience of Honesty
6. God Is Good: The Experience of Trust Through Suffering
7. God Is Love: The Experience of Relational Beauty
8. God Is Never Late: The Experience of Patience
9. God Is Merciful: The Experience of Gentleness
10. God Is Just: The Experience of Prophetic Advocacy
11. God Is Happy: The Experience of Delight
12. God Is Victorious: The Experience of Hope
Conclusion: Reformation and Revival
|The Good Book Company